So you’re trying to move toward the greater future you envision in your heart, and to accomplish great things. But if you and I are not careful, our dreams will remain dreams.
- One of the most important things you will ever do in your life is decide what you’re aiming for.
- Intensely practical tools to draw out what you believe God has placed in your heart so it can become a heading. I am hardly saying this is the only way, but it is a way!
- The inability to work at this separates many Giant Slayers from slaying Giants.
- An inspired dream, a dream that’s spark is from the Lord
A MAJOR HURDLE Defining Your Dream
- Some dreams that are very obvious, some are less so. That’s okay.
- (A way that seems right to a man, but its end is destruction) – We must decide which path is inspired.
Defining Your Dream
1. Describe it: Write something down & begin to keep it in front of you
Start where you are and simply add a little more detail than you had before.
2. Double-check it:
|Inspired Dream||Selfish Ambition (not always as obvious as it sounds)|
|1. ultimate focus is on others
concert violinist, actress,
|focuses on self – there is nothing wrong with wanting to be distinguished or respected, but that can’t be the entire aim|
|2. honors God – organizes life around His agenda||honors you – organizes life around your own agenda|
|3. motivated by faith and obedience||enflamed by greed or lust for something (IE power, money, fame) and self-will|
|4. attracts God’s help||causes striving|
- What’s my motivation?
Can you honestly look yourself in the mirror and believe that this is the right direction for the right reason
- How did this dream originate?
- Does it align with my passion, purpose & talents?
- Is there confirmation? God, others